Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Bump


 I have discovered that being pregnant is similar to buying a new car.  I used to never see or notice a single Ford Focus Wagon around town, until I started driving one.  I feel like I now see them multiple times a day.  Joshua and I have noticed this with my pregnancy.  Everywhere I look, there are other pregnant women.  I have always noticed the occasional pregnant women, who appeared as though she was about to go into labor at any moment.  I however, have never noticed the mass quantities of women at all phases of pregnancy.  Now, I observe how big and awkward there stomachs appear and how they seem to be feeling.

I am so curious about the upcoming changes I am slowly starting to experience.   It is strange how something so natural is so foreign. My body has already started a few changes.  I am 18 weeks along and it seems like my little belly bump is growing day by day.  I have felt, what I assume, to be a few kicks.  I am patiently waiting for the those little kicks to be a regular part of my day.   I am still wearing a few of my regular pants,  but realize that the majority are in storage for awhile.  I have realized that if t-shirts are not long, they work their way up my belly as I move throughout my day.

I am moving through my day as usual.  Working, hiking and walking the dogs.  I notice small differences in how I am feeling.  Everything seems a little more tiring.  Hopefully, I can continue my daily routines for the majority of my pregnancy.  Time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment