Friday, June 8, 2012

Bad Morning


Today started off as most mornings.  Lazily forced myself out of bed about 10 minutes after the alarm went off. Showered, and quickly got dressed and ready for work.  I had already wasted enough time by snoozing past my alarm.

Once dressed, I filled the chicken feeders and brought the feeders out to my patient ladies.  They were waiting at the gate entrance for their food.  I placed the feeders in their usual places and headed back in for a cup of coffee and to grab the dogs for our morning walk.

With a full cup of coffee, I leash Noodles and let Cadet and Halle out the door.  We all walk the property for our usual morning routine.  We walk .5 miles in the morning due to lack of time.  Halle ran and sniffed about, but checked back in.  Cadet usually lags behind and never walks the .5 miles.

I finished lap one and started my second round.  Mid way through the lap I find Cadet laying on the ground.  I quickly realized that he had had a seizure.  He was still coming out of the seizure when I reached him.  I sat on the ground for probably 2 minutes until he came too and attempted to stand.  He fell a couple of times.  He finally got the majority of his strength back, so I walked him back to the house.

Cadet is very disorientated after a seizure for about an hour or so.  I guided him to his water and held off from feeding and medicating him until he appeared more aware.    After he returns to normal, he is very clingy (more than normal).  I suppose the even in frightening to him.  We stayed home for the first half of our work day to make sure he was ok.

He appears well now.  This was the first seizure he has had since March of 2011.  Hopefully we do not see another for as long or longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment