Monday, January 28, 2013

A New Year

I have been pretty terrible keeping up with my blog.  So, I am going to attempt to write more frequently this coming year to keep those interested in the life down in the hollow updated.

This winter we have reached most of our goals with our home.  We still have a few things to button up and the hardwood floors need to be installed.  We still have a ways to go during the month of February.  We may not get everything finished before March, but we should be close.

A few goals for myself this year, is to do more woodworking and try to pick back up my instruments.  I made a few walking sticks this last Christmas for gifts, but I have yet to make a spoon.  That is the next project on my list.  I would like to make a handful of spoons this season to sell in the fall at Musgrave Orchard..

My pups are doing well.  Halle is a little whiter in the face, but still full of spunk.  Cadet has thinned down a bit do to age and has Wobbler's Syndrome now.  It affects his mobility.  He can no longer go on hikes with the pack.  Noodles is walking without any kind of electronic collar the majority of the time.  She has come a long way in the last two years.  George the cat, is still a cat.

My chickens went through their first molt this season.  One decided to wait until mid January when the temperatures were in the low teens.  There egg production fluctuated during the winter.  It seems to be picking up a bit now.  They have a new bad habit of pooping in the nesting boxes.  Looks like early spring I will be building a new nesting box that is not attached to the coop.  That way they hopefully will not sleep in the box.

Well, that is all for now.  Just wanted to give a quick update on life in the Hollow and try to get back in a routine of writing and updating the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment